With an already packed Winter and Spring schedule set, the PBA announced Wednesday the addition of eight more events making up the 2019 PBA Summer Tour.
The eight events will be held in six different cities from July 26 through Aug. 31 with all the action broadcast live on FloBowling. The summer events also will feature a special points competition sponsored by the United States Bowling Congress.
The summer tour will kick off with the Storm PBA Striking Against Breast Cancer Mixed Doubles event in Houston from July 26-29. Then, for three straight weeks in August, seven other titles will be on the line.
Those events include:
- PBA Chesapeake Open, Chesapeake, Virginia, Aug. 9-11
- PBA Wilmington Open, Wilmington, North Carolina, Aug. 12-14
- PBA Gene Carter’s Pro Shop Classic, Middletown, Delaware, Aug. 16-18
- PBA Bowlerstore.com Classic, Coldwater, Ohio, Aug. 21-23
- FloBowling PBA Summer Swing (Wolf Open, Bear Open, Aurora Open), Aurora, Illinois, Aug. 24-31
The PBA reported the top five players in points at the end of the summer tour will share in a special $40,000 prize pool called the USBC Cup. Of that, $20,000 will go to the winner.
All summer tour events will be classified as Tier 3 points events under the PBA’s Tier 1-2-3 points system except for the Aurora Open, which will be a Tier 2 event, the PBA reported.
Tournament formats and schedules will be announced at a later date.