The PBA revealed Wednesday all PBA50 Tour events scheduled for the months of April and May are officially “to be rescheduled” amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Five events have been postponed and attempts will be made to reschedule the events for later in the year, according to notes on the PBA.com PBA50 schedule.
The events that are to be rescheduled include:
- PBA50 Johnny Petraglia BVL Open, Clearwater, Florida, April 19-22
- PBA50 National Championship, The Villages, Florida, April 26-30
- PBA50 Mooresville Open, Mooresville, North Carolina, May 3-6
- PBA50 Lubbock Sports Cup, Lubbock, Texas, May 17-20
- PBA50 Northern California Classic, Brentwood, California, May 23-26
The United States Bowling Congress announced Thursday it has postponed its two senior events on the PBA50 Tour.
The USBC Super Senior Classic (for players ages 60 and up) was scheduled for May 27-31, while the USBC Senior Masters was scheduled for May 31-June 7. Both of those events were supposed to be in Las Vegas.
As of now, the first PBA50 event would be the PBA Senior U.S. Open, which is set for June 7-12 in Las Vegas.
On Tuesday, the PBA put out a press release saying it “has placed tournament activities at all levels on hiatus indefinitely due to coronavirus concerns.”
The release did not specifically mention which PBA50 events would actually be postponed but that was revealed Wednesday on the PBA’s website.