The 2020 PBA50 Tour season, which had been scheduled to start in mid-April, will now tentatively begin May 31, according to the new schedule posted on PBA.com this week.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the PBA announced last month that all PBA50 events in April and May had been postponed.
Now, the season is scheduled to start June 1 with the first day of competition at the PBA50 Lubbock Sports Cup. Practice rounds for the event would be May 31. All PBA50 events are broadcast live on FloBowling.
The PBA did note on the schedule, however, the following: “Until further notice, all tournament dates are tentative subject to COVID-19 public health updates.”
Two events have been canceled with the PBA50 Mooresville Open and PBA50 Fountain Valley Open dropping off the schedule.
The USBC Senior Masters, one of the PBA50’s majors, and the USBC Super Senior Classic have yet to be rescheduled. Those events are organized by USBC, not the PBA.
Here’s a look at the tenatative PBA50 schedule:
- PBA50 Lubbock Sports Cup, May 31-June 3
- Suncoast PBA Senior U.S. Open, June 7-12
- PBA50 Northern California Classic, June 14-17
- Florida Blue Medicare PBA50 National Championship, July 12-16
- PBA50 Johnny Petraglia BVL Open, July 19-22
- PBA50 River City Extreme Open, July 28-31
- PBA50 South Shore Open, Aug. 3-6
- PBA50 David Small’s Championship Lanes Classic, Aug. 8-11
- PBA50 Spectrum Lanes Open, Aug. 14-17
- PBA50 David Small’s Jax60 Open, Aug. 19-22
- PBA60 Dick Weber Classic, Aug. 23-25
- USBC Super Senior Classic, TBA
- USBS Senior Masters, TBA